Short description of innovation:
The invention relates to regenerative medicine and tissue engineering and consists in obtaining decelularized three-dimensional matrices of the liver which will subsequently serve to repopulate them with liver cells of the patient in order to obtain a liver capable of being transplanted or used for drug testing. This method allows more efficient and optimal decellularization of the liver and other organs or tissues, favoring good access to infusion through the vein portae, decreasing the time and effort applied, and preventing posttransplant rejection by completely eliminating the biological material.
Patents, prizes, participations:
- Device for separation of biological tissues. EIS “INFOINVENT” 2015. Gold Medal Diploma, AGEPI Award “Best Invention Created by a Young Inventor”.
- Method of processing the decellular matrix of the liver to enhance cell adhesion. International Exhibition of Innovation and Technology of Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 10-12 May 2018, Diploma and Trophy for Best Invention from the World Association for Invention and Intellectual Property.
- Method of decelularization of the liver. International Exhibition of Research, Innovation and Invention, PRO INVENT, 2016 edition, Romania, Cluj-Napoca, March 23-25, 2016, Diploma of Excellence with special mention, Golden Medal.
- Device for decellularization of the liver. International Invention Hall 2016, Romania, Iasi, 29 June-1 July 2016, Diploma, Gold Medal.
- Method of processing the decellular matrix of the liver to enhance cell adhesion. International Invention Hall 2017, Romania, Iasi, 28-30 June 2017, Diploma, Golden Medal.
- Grafting to restore the osteochondral defect. International Specialized Exhibition Euroinvent 2018, Romania, Iasi, May 2018, Diploma and Gold Medal.